It’s taken a long time but the alpha version of the Boozerlyzer drinks tracker is ready. So now we’d like your help testing it. There is a version of the app in the Android App store. If you have the appropriate telephone please try installing it and tell me what goes wrong
In theory it should run on any Android 2.1+ device but if it doesn’t install on your phone please let me know. If it does, there are a few things we like you to do.
- I’m interested in how intuitive (or not) the user interface is. So I’m not going to tell you anything about how to use it and am interested in how easy you find it anyway.
- There are bound to be bugs. It would be great if you could let me know about all and any that you find.
- You can either press the blue bug button in the top right corner of the homescreen,
- email me directly or,
- for bonus karma, you could add a new issue to our source-code bug tracker
- Please use it. We really need some initial data so we can determine if the games are are tracking real changes in reaction time, coordination etc. With a good dollop of data we can calibrate the difficulty of the games accordingly and we will be able to start giving users more interesting feedback on their performance and intoxication.
Over and above all that, I’m interested in your opinions on what we could do differently or better (or preferably even both!). This is just an alpha version, we can and will make it better and your opinions matter. This alpha will run throughout December and January. We hoping the festive season should give you and us some interesting data on just how festive we all get.
If anyone wants the source code, it’s right here
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.